Monday, April 7, 2008

Friends

What is it that makes the show "Friends" a hit even after the series ended a looooooong time ago? I only ask because both my kids who are on spring break are constantly watching it. They have memorized the song, the characters, the plot. They could tell you which story belongs to what season, who was where with whom and other gazillion information.

Each child has a favorite Friend. My youngest likes Chandler Bing. According to him, he's funny in a weird way. My daughter loves Chandler and Monica because they are such a cute couple. They are very secure in their relationship, accepting each other's limitations and taking problems with a good sense of humor. I think she relates to them because they remind her so much of her and her boyfriend. My personal favorites are Monica and Ross. They remind me of my children. They fight, they compete, they have so much fun together and they have supported each other through thick and thin.

Each one of us has a favorite episode but I think the episode where they did "The Routine" was easily the most watched one even to the point of us learning the steps. Another favorite is where they played a game resembling Jeopardy for Monica's aparment.

This I can say much about Friends. It doesn't matter who your favorite friend is or what your favorite episode is, watching Friends together made my children and I closer and somehow closed a little of that thing we call "age gap."

No comments: