Monday, April 14, 2008

Another Birthday....is it just another day?

So today, I woke up to the smell of someone cooking and too many voices in MY kitchen. I pretended I was still sleeping and waited for the outcome of the activity in the kitchen. My son came in my room and said it was time for breakfast. They cooked because today is a very special day as it is my birthday. My children cooked egg, toasted bread and chicken noodle soup for breakfast. What a combination. My son ended up eating the soup. I bet he cooked it because it was his favorite. The suprise breakfast was the best gift any mother could ask for. They also planned for us to eat out tonight but they said I have to pay for it first because they don't have any money as they spent it all during spring break. They promised to pay later. I told them it was okay. My treat.



Today is my birthday. Today is my birthday. I guess even if I say it repeatedly, it is not the same as my 7th birthday, my 16th or my 18th. I don't want flower, cards, candy or any gifts. I want my youth back not for any selfish reasons but so that I would have more mornings like this, when my children cooked me breakfast.

2 comments:

kitty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear ate Teray! from all of us here! that was really nice for the kids to surprise you like that. same here, that would be like the best gift ever and not any material stuff would make us happy, nothing can compare with the undying love that your love ones give. naks! again, happy birthday, ate!

take care and God bless have fun!!

Anonymous said...

wow belated happy birthday! sweet naman ng son mo and family. hmm sabi nga nila ang birthday daw pangbata lang kasi mas masaya kapag bata lang. hmm anyway ang importante ngayong birthday mo surrounded ka ng love mo.